Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > CHRYSLER (CCD) Connector
CHRYSLER (CCD) Connector

12723 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-11 02:29:23

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Full Force
    2014-11-14 09:26:57
     I Recently bought an Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 ALL SYSTEM+DS Tool to help me diagnose several issues with my 1998 Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 Auto.
    When i try to scan i get a message saying "Please select the CHRYSLER (CCD) Connector,otherwise,maybe you can not test the ABS and ORC module.
    I am not sure what this message means but after looking into it a little i noticed a few references to a "16-pin CCD Adapter for 1996-2003 Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles", the main reference is from the autel us site.
    My question is do i need this adapter to read my vehicle properly or is my md802 broken or the ccd setup in my car is broken? Also if i do need this adapter, where do i find one since i havnt been able to find any so far.
    Currently i cant scan any modules except the pcm and when i scan the transmission i get the pcm info, all other modules give "Tester not communicating with control unit."etc
    Please help

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Full Force
    2014-11-20 21:13:39 (Reply to:Full Force)
     Found some info on these adapters from various places. Autelshop.com has a good supply of these items and ebay and amazon are good as well but i cant find any in Australia so 2-3 weeks for delivery. It says the MD802 can use most of these but the chrysler-16 adapter only mentions the Maxidas DS708 in its listing even though it connects the same as all the other adapters.These adapters have DB/15 female connecter which is the same connecter that is on the md802 so we need a cable with the DB/15 male connectors on both ends.

I would still like to know if i can use the chrysler adapter with the md802 without smoke coming out of anything and voiding my warranty?

Accessories

Benz-14 adapter.

Benz-38 adapter. 38-pin Connector for 1996-2000 Mercedes-Benz vehicles

BMW-20 adapter. 20-pin Connector for 1996-2001 BMW vehicles

Nissan-14 adapter. 14-pin Connector for 1996-1999 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles

Chrysler-16 adapter. 16-pin CCD Adapter for 1996-2003 Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles

VW/AUDI-2+2 adapter.

GM/Daewoo-12 adapter.

PSA-2 adapter.

Fiat-3 adapter.

Kia-20 adapter.

Mitsubishi/Hyundai-12+16 adapter.

Honda-3 adapter.

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    maxud

2015-12-22 05:51:34 (Reply to:Full Force)

Hi, I also have MD802 and also need to scan a 1999 Jeep Wrangler for airbag codes.
    The straight ODB2 connection says that I need to use CCD connector.
    I do happen to have DS708 Chrysler adapter, but when I plug it into the car and into MD802,
    MD802 does not turn on and I can't read the codes.

Did you figure out how to read older Chrysler with MD802?
    thanks
    Max

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    maxud

2015-12-23 03:46:40 (Reply to:maxud)

Just following up on my own inquiry. Tonight I tried to use the Chrysler CCD adapter from DS708 again with my MD802.
    To my surprise I noticed that the end that plugs into a male 15pin cable has one of the posts that was slightly loose, therefore
    not letting the cable make tight connection. I used needle nose pliers to screw both posts tight. After that I was able to successfully
    scan 1999 Jeep Wrangler in native mode and read Airbag codes.
    So it appears that the entire set of DS708 adapters is fully compatible with MD802.
    Hope it helps the next person who runs into this issue.
    good luck,
    Max

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Jon Canada

2016-06-03 00:25:50 (Reply to:maxud)

Based upon what you wrote Max, I spent $100 having one of these Chrysler CCD adapters for the DS708 shipped to me in Canada from China. It does not work at all. I still get that "can't connect" message. It is as if it isn't even there. I still cannot access my ABS module and clear the code that I originally bought the tool for. I am disgusted with AUTEl. It is fraudulent for them to say that this "all systems" tool is "one tool for everything" when the first thing you find out when you try to use it is that you need to buy another tool (side slipped by calling it an adapter) for $100. I phoned Autel tech support about this and they are rude and useless. They had me reload all of the firmware on the tool and told me that I was an idiot because I followed the instructions and installed the software using the cd supplied with the unit. (He told me that I should have ignored the instruction manual and just downloaded directly from this site). I've wasted many hours trying to get this unit to connect to my ABS on my 1997 Dodge Van and I have concluded based upon my research, experience with this unit, and Autels tech support that I never had a chance because it is all a lie that it supports what they claim it does. I have serious doubts now that this unit does even a fraction of what they say it does and so I am returning it as fraudulently sold to me.

Jon

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    maxud

2016-06-16 18:19:58 (Reply to:Jon Canada)

Hey Jon,
    sorry to hear that your Scan did not work out.
    So here are couple of things for you:
    1. this is the cable that I use with my MD802 and CCD adapter from DS708
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Replacement-Red-Main-Test-Data-Cable-for-Autel-MD801-MD802-Scanner-OBD2-15-pin-to-15/713479_32250081096.html
    It is imperative to use the correct cable, because of the required wiring.
    Which cable did you use? I hope not some generic 15pin male to 15pin male cable.

2. the fact that the scanner can not read native modules via obd2 port on older vehicles is because of the way car manufacturers implemented native car communications. Initially OBD2 port was standardized for generic obd2 messages only. Newer cars are much more communication's friendly and pass all the info via OBD2 port, including native modules (SRS, ABS, etc...).
    No scanner is perfect, but I have had good luck with MD802. It supported all the vehicles I have thrown at it, and that was about 50 different brands/makes and models.

3. Unfortunately autel support is lacking in knowledge or distribution of that knowledge, because I have had to learn a lot of these things the hard way.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    chriswy27

2017-04-29 12:07:28 (Reply to:maxud)

I recently purchased the MD802 and have the same Chrysler issue. I bought a Chrysler 16 on ebay and was going to buy the cable from your link when I noticed an issue. The cable you linked is Male to Male. The Chrysler 16 adapter is female however the connector on my MD802 is Male. With this a Male to Male cable would not work. I instead purchased an Autel Male to Female red data cable. Hoping this will connect to my 1999 Neon like my mechanic's Snap-On tool can.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    chriswy27

2017-05-11 02:29:23 (Reply to:chriswy27)

It did not work even with the Chrysler 16. Tried both the black and red version of the Chrysler adapter and neither worked. Sending this thing back to Amazon.
  Total1 Pages